Part of the process of deciding to purchase a caravan is making plans of where to go. While many will have favourite and bucket-list destinations, some caravan owners will require ideas to consider. As inspiration for those considering caravan touring there are number of sources with suggested towns and areas across Australia.
As specialists in RV finance, we like to stay across the latest suggestions to inspire even more people to get involved in the lifestyle that purchasing a caravan can offer. If your plans have been thwarted due to the floods in northern NSW and Queensland, or you just want ideas, we present some suggestions of towns to visit, caravans to consider and how to finance your RV to get those plans underway.
Australia is full of great towns so it is a bold move to announce ‘Towns of the Year Awards’. But that is what travel booking platform wotif has done. Over the past few years the company announces a list of best Aussie towns. These awards are judged based on a range of criteria which includes the quality and affordability of accommodation. While those issues are not directly relevant to caravan owners who BYO accomm, the list is still worth considering.
The top 10 towns as listed by wotif include:-
- Port Macquarie NSW: located on the mid north coast, this is a great town with plenty of attractions especially koalas! A good stop-off during a trip north to Queensland or from which to head west.
- The Entrance NSW: located on the Central Coast, this is a traditional holiday destination which may have lost some gloss with the development of other towns in the region. But this town is a great place to enjoy many activities.
- Hervey Bay, Queensland: a great place to make as a base while you explore the region and plenty in its own right to keep keen travellers interested.
- McLaren Vale, South Australia: best-known as one of Australia’s premier wine making regions, this town offers a whole lot more including a great cheese making industry, cycle tracks and a pristine coast while being within reach of Adelaide.
- Exmouth, Western Australia: with the WA border now reopened many will be looking west. Once you get there head north up the coast and make a stop at this great place. Enjoy the Ningaloo Reef and the Cape Range National Park for starters.
- Lakes Entrance, Victoria: as the name suggests this in the Gippsland Lakes area so there are plenty of water-based activities on offer. Fishing, swimming and kayaking and exploring the local natural environment.
- Cairns, Queensland: a very popular destination for caravan tourers as the gateway to so many of Australia’s great natural wonders including the Daintree and The Great Barrier Reef.
Inspired? Then it’s time to check out which caravan to purchase.
Caravan Buying Inspo
There are a vast number of considerations when selected a caravan to purchase including where you intend to travel and what level of luxury and amenities you want. The caravan show season is now underway and these events are highly recommended for prospective buyers to attend.
Australia has a great caravan manufacturing industry with many makes and models to select from. Jayco is one of the most well-known brands and it has updated a number of its ranges in the 2022 collection. Some of the upgrades include additional features to cater specifically for caravan owners that prefer to stay at free camp sites. A number of the Jayco Outback models now have 200w solar panels as standard and an improved solar system.
Other models in the Jayco range have been upgraded with more durable cabinetry and some have more storage. A must-have consideration for those planning long periods on the road.
Securing Caravan Finance
To buy a new caravan to visit these top towns, many purchasers will require finance. Our Secured Caravan Loan is the most popular loan for new caravans as it suits most people and most caravans. Traditional caravans, off-road models, camper trailers, mobile homes, camper vans, toy haulers and others can all be financed with this type of loan.
The caravan is accepted by the lender as the security against the loan. We arrange this loan with a fixed interest rate and fixed loan term. This results in fixed loan repayments which remain constant for the entire loan period.
A fixed caravan loan interest rate is especially important at the moment as it is possible that the RBA may increase the cash rate in 2022. The effect of a rate rise would flow through to lending markets. Securing a caravan loan now while the interest rates are at their lowest ever ensures a cheaper loan and lower monthly repayments.
While browsing the caravans to buy refer to our caravan loan repayment calculator for estimated repayments on the different price points. This is a buying essential! Alternatively, just get your caravan loan happening with a quick call to Jade Caravan Finance. Loans can be pre-arranged – pre-approved caravan loans, even before a final decision has been made on the RV make and model.
Inspired? Time to give us a call or request a caravan loan quote.
For a caravan loan quote contact Jade Caravan Finance on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: THE DETAILS AND INFORMATION IN THIS CONTENT ARE PREPARED AND PRESENTED PURELY FOR INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR CARAVAN PURCHASING. IF ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL ADVICE IS REQUIRED, READERS SHOULD REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTION VARIATIONS, OR OTHER MISREPRESENTATIONS OF INFORMATION AS PRESENTED.