We've all heard of hybrid cars, which are a combination of electric and petrol powered vehicles, but what are hybrid caravans? The 'hybrid' has nothing to do with any of the power associated with the caravan but is a design element. It is between a camper trailer and a luxury caravan and in many cases built for off-road or all terrain environments. By definition, the hybrid gives you the luxury comforts offered in many of the range caravans but in a 'package' more in line with a camper trailer. If you're considering purchasing one in Western Australia, be sure to look into caravan finance Perth options to facilitate your acquisition.
The comfort and luxury you demand on the road with the extra benefits of the ease of towing a camper and the accessibility that this type of vehicle affords. When going down narrow bush tracks and in similar scenarios, you want to be towing a van that is no wider than your own vehicle. So in some sense, think of a hybrid as a longer yet narrower vehicle – depending on individual models.
While they have been available for over 10 years, at Jade Caravan Finance we have seen hybrids growing in popularity and several local caravan companies are now offering great ranges of hybrid caravans. They offer a range of benefits that many buyers see as extremely attractive and suit their style of caravan touring.
Keeping up with innovations and new developments across the lifestyle sector, Jade Caravan Finance offers cheap loans for the purchase of hybrid caravans.
Attraction of a Hybrid
- If you’re tossing up between a camper trailer and a caravan then you might just end up with a hybrid caravan. They give you many of the facilities that you get in a caravan but more in the size and trailability of a camper. We’re talking solar power, hot water, air-con, a kitchen, toilet and shower and 12/240 volt electrics.
- The hybrid offers greater security and protection due to having hard walls and a proper roof which make them a safer option than camping and provide insulation and with the addition of air-con, provide greater comfort for your time on tour.
- For those that consider towing a caravan quite a task the hybrid may be the option for you. The weight and size of a hybrid make them easier to tow than a caravan as some are only as wide as a 4WD vehicle.
- Many hybrids are narrower than conventional caravans which means they may be safer and definitely easier to two through the bush when trails and tracks can be narrow. But they are larger than a camper trailer, so consideration should be given to all aspects of your travel plans when selecting the right van. Off-road capabilities will vary with hybrids depending on individual manufacturer specs and set-up.
- If you are planning off-road adventures, several manufacturers offer specialist off-road hybrid models.
- The caravan and camping lifestyle essentially means loving the outdoors. But that doesn’t mean we want to cook every meal over a campfire. The kitchen facilities of a traditional caravan are a great attraction and a hybrid gives you a bit of both worlds. Some models have a slide-out kitchen so you have the amenities but actually cook outdoors.
- Setting up a hybrid can be much easier and faster than setting up a camper as it usually only requires a pop-up process.
- Hybrids are available in a range of sizes and accommodation capacities.
Whatever you choose as your recreational vehicle – a traditional caravan, hybrid or camper it is essential for safety that you make sure your car is set-up to handle the GVM of the vehicle and you have the skills to tow your van.
Buying a Hybrid Caravan
Hybrid caravans are available in Australia from a number of manufacturers including:-
- Stoney Creek Campers stoneycreekcampers.com.au
- MDC Camper Trailers marketdirect.com.au
- Zone RV zonerv.com.au
Jade Caravan Finance offers cheap loans for the purchase of hybrid caravans. If you talking with one of the manufacturers about price, refer to our online caravan finance calculator to quickly generate rough estimates on repayments on the different models or options you’re considering.
Before heading into a showroom to make a deal, why not discuss pre-approved finance with one of our consultants. By having your caravan loan already arranged, you’ll know your budget when it comes to selecting a model and any optional extras you may be offered.
Jade hybrid caravan loans include:-
- Our cheap caravan finance rate which is fixed for the loan term.
- A fixed loan term which is negotiated to best suit your requirements.
- Fixed, equal monthly repayments for the loan term so you can plan your budget and your travel expenses.
Holidaying and touring in a hybrid may be just the experience you are craving, especially after the lockdowns and shutdowns that we have all had to endure due to the coronavirus pandemic. So why not start checking out the market and contact Jade for a quick quote on a price range so you can formulate your purchase plans.
To discuss a cheap loan on a hybrid caravan, speak with a Jade Caravan Finance consultant 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION IN OUR ARTICLES IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES AND IN NO WAY IS INTENDED AS THE SOLE SOURCE TO MAKE FINANCIAL DECISIONS OR AS ADVICE IN REGARD TO FINANCIAL INFORMATION. INDIVIDUALS ARE RECOMMENDED TO REFER TO THEIR FINANCIAL ADVISOR OR SEEK ADDITIONAL INDEPENDENT ADVICE IF THEY CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE SO. THE INFORMATION PRESENTED IN REGARD TO GOODS HAS BEEN SOURCED FROM MANUFACTURER AND SUPPLIER SOURCES AND IN REGARD TO GOVERNMENT AND ATO POLICIES AND PROGRAMS FROM RELIABLE SOURCES. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED IF ERRORS HAVE BEEN MADE IN PRESENTING OR INTERPRETING THE INFORMATION AS PRESENTED.