The NSW Caravan Supershow was deemed a great success with huge crowds attending. A great sign that the interest in the caravan lifestyle appears to maintain the momentum picked up as a result of COVID-19 travel restrictions. The show in NSW is closely followed by the major Victorian supershow over 13-16 May and then it’s time to focus on Queensland. We're alerting our Queensland caravan buyers to what shows are upcoming in their region and providing our pre-show tips, hints and advice refinance so you can capture deals on offer.
Dates for the Diary
Prior to the main act, there are a number of regional Queensland caravan shows.
- Townsville Expo, 14-16 May in South Townsville
- Mackay Home Show and Caravan, Camping and Boating Expo, 21-23 May at Mackay Showgrounds.
Then comes the major attraction for Queensland caravan enthusiasts:-
- Queensland Caravan, Camping and Touring Supershow, 2-7 June, Brisbane Showgrounds.
This is an official caravan industry event with over 200 exhibitors expected to display. To check out who is exhibiting, to plan your visit including buying tickets, head to https://www.caravanqld.com.au/show/
Pre-Show Tips and Hints
Viewing caravans at shows is a very tempting experience. The latest models are always amazing with luxury and comfort which exceeds expectations. And often with a price tag that exceeds our budget. So how can you temper that excitement and urge to splash out and commit to a purchase and balance it with the actual reality of your budget? Both while not missing out on ordering what are caravans in seemingly short supply?
As experienced leaders in the recreational vehicle sector, we’ve encountered these scenarios from many customers over the years and have developed our pre-caravan show assistance kit (for want of a better name) with tips and hints for caravan show visitors.
Here are a few to consider:
- Know what you want: if it’s your first or final caravan buy, do your research well ahead to narrow down your selections to exactly what type of van type will suit your travel plans. Consider the comforts you really want, space you really would expect and if you do or don’t really need off-road capabilities. There is likely to be a lot on display and having a clear idea of what you want may help you stay on track.
- Review the show exhibitor list beforehand and make a list of which makes and models meet your caravan wish list. These shows can have 200+ exhibitors and if you’re a serious buyer, getting around to all within a few days for a detailed inspection can be a challenge and result in confusion. Earmarking the ‘must-sees’ gives you a plan to work to.
- Purchase tickets online and in advance. All major events in Australia are running to COVID-safe guidelines with pre-booking required and in some cases limited capacity.
- Load our caravan interest rate comparisons chart onto your phone for quick access during the show. Bookmark our webpage in your web browser. If presented with a finance offer from a manufacturer or dealer, you’ll be ready to quickly compare the offer to the interest rates both Jade and other major lenders can achieve.
- Arrange a pre-approved caravan loan prior to attending the show. It is widely known that caravans have been in hot demand over the past year and the supply of some makes and models is limited. By having your finance confirmed you can confidently proceed to place your order at the show and hopefully speed up the process. It also allows you to take advantage of show specials.
In case you were wondering, where the show is located and where you reside do not matter when sourcing finance through Jade. As Jade Caravan Finance operates on an Australia-wide basis we secure loans for customers in all states for vehicles based either in their state or elsewhere. So if you’re travelling from interstate for the Queensland shows, your pre-approved finance deal is totally valid for a Queensland purchase. To get a better idea of your repayments, use our online caravan loan calculator.
Will interest rates on Jade caravan loans change before the show?
Good question as many show visitors will be planning well into the months ahead with plans to travel to key show locations. This may be well into the second half of the year. While we don’t have a crystal ball, all indications are that the RBA will be holding the official cash rate at the current historic low level. This is the rate that forms the basis for lenders to calculate their own rates on different loans. In recent statements, the RBA has clearly stated it is waiting for inflation to reach a target of 2-3% and unemployment to be further reduced before it considers a rate rise. More information here.
On that basis, current caravan finance rates should remain low through at least through 2021 and Jade always strives for the cheapest rates available.
Pre-approved loans have a timeframe that your Jade Caravan Finance consultant will advise when securing your loan. Once that time has expired, the loan would need to be reviewed and re-issued.
Time to load up the caravan and head to Queensland for a great round of shows in May-June.
Call 1300 000 003 to discuss pre-show lending with a consultant
DISCLAIMER: THE DETAILS AND INFORMATION IN THIS CONTENT ARE PREPARED AND PRESENTED PURELY FOR INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR CARAVAN PURCHASING. IF ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL ADVICE IS REQUIRED, READERS SHOULD REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTION VARIATIONS, OR OTHER MISREPRESENTATIONS OF INFORMATION AS PRESENTED.