Despite several big names pulling out citing supply issues, the Queensland Caravan Supershow held in Brisbane on 2-7 June attracted a big crowd. Reportedly in excess of 40,000 show-goers attended, no doubt eager to see the latest and greatest vehicles, products and equipment in the RV industry. Caravan sales have surged over the past 18 months as holidaymakers, bereft of international destinations and interstate border restrictions, invest in the RV lifestyle. But this surge has led to stock shortages and some reports of several months-long waits for delivery of orders. So the sign on some exhibitor displays showing “available for immediate delivery” was sure to be a major attraction.
The absence of Jayco and Kedron did not appear to dampen interest and provided some of the lesser-known brands to show their wares to a keen and captive audience. We’ve reviewed show reports to collate a few highlights which, if you did not have the chance to attend, could spark your interest to look into the new model releases.
Post Caravan Show Wrap
According to reports, Sunseeker had a massive display. Caravana, a new name to the industry displayed 30 models including Crusader and Suncamper motorhomes. The models suited to Queensland’s tropical travelling conditions were as a big hit as possible because the sunshine state is seen as a relatively COVID-safer state and a magnet for travellers.
Regent reportedly was filling their order books with their new, sleek Chinese-manufactured range. Many models on display were presented for immediate or post-show season delivery. Something which would be widely welcomed by an eager market keen to get their hands on a van.
The high demand issues which led to the general shortage have been further exacerbated by the impacts of additional lockdowns in Victoria. The area around Campbellfield in VIC, is a hub of caravan manufacturing in Australia and issues with shortages have impacted that state and beyond. It is also being put down to an increase in caravan manufacturing in Queensland. Read more here.
In addition to the new models on display, attendees were treated to plenty of other attractions including an interactive demonstration of 4WD skills. Seminars ran covering key topics of towing skills, checking the weight of your vehicle and how to load your caravan correctly.
The lack of some of the big-name exhibitors left more space and attention to accessories suppliers. As with all caravan shows, this Supershow included extensive displays of accessories that buyers could actually purchase at the show. We are continually mentioning in our pre-show previews that many exhibitors offer show specials and buyers should have their finance sorted prior to attending so as not to miss out.
From all reports, another great event for the caravan industry and a great sign that interest in the caravan lifestyle is strong and getting stronger.
Upcoming Caravan and RV Shows
With the Supershows schedule finished for 2021, RV enthusiasts can now set their sights on the extensive calendar of regional events being presented through the second half of 2021.
Here are just a few dates to note:
- Illawarra Expo, Kembla Grange, 2-4 July 2021
- Rockhampton Caravan Expo, 16-18 July 2021
- Let’s Go Sunshine Coast, 20-22 August 2021
- The Great Outdoor Expo Shepparton, 3-5 September
- Canberra Lifestyle Expo, 22-24 October 2021
- Tasmanian Outdoor Show, 10-12 September, Prospect
- Great Outdoor Expo Gippsland, 26-28 November 2021
- Perth Adventure Show, 5-7 November 2021
Stay in touch with the caravan associations and suppliers for more regional show dates.
Capturing Cheap Caravan Loans
If you proceed with ordering a caravan at the Brisbane Supershow but still need to arrange your finance or if you didn’t attend the show but are still keen to place an order, we can assist with finance.
While Jade Caravan Finance has an ongoing policy of securing the cheapest interest rates on caravan loans, the current historic low interest rate scene has made our deals even more appealing. Our Secured Caravan Loan is ideally suited for most buyers of new caravans. This loan type suits all types of caravans, campers, camper trailers, motorhomes, toy hauliers and RVs.
Caravan Finance features include:
- Fixed cheap interest rate, which remains fixed over the entire fixed loan term.
- Fixed repayments so you can travel in contented confidence that your commitments on the loan won’t change over the loan term.
- Ability to pay additional payments if desired with minimal break fees applying if the loan is finalised early.
- No deposit caravan finance on many models and for many applicants. This means you can include the full purchase price of the caravan and the accessories and upgrades you want in the one loan.
- Comprehensive broker-style loan service with loan sourcing, quoting, lender negotiations, paperwork and settlement handled on your behalf and in your best interests by your personal Jade consultant.
- Access to our free online Caravan Finance Interest Rate Comparison Tool.
If heading to a caravan show with an intention to purchase, speaking with us about pre-approved finance beforehand could put you in the box seat to take advantage of any ‘available for immediate delivery’ models.
Call 1300 000 003 to discuss lending with our consultants
DISCLAIMER: THE DETAILS AND INFORMATION IN THIS CONTENT ARE PREPARED AND PRESENTED PURELY FOR INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR CARAVAN PURCHASING. IF ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL ADVICE IS REQUIRED, READERS SHOULD REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTION VARIATIONS, OR OTHER MISREPRESENTATIONS OF INFORMATION AS PRESENTED.