Caravan holidays are experiencing a resurgence as a result of COVID-19 and caravan and holiday parks will be heavily booked this season. So planning well ahead is definitely the way to go to avoid disappointment. At Jade, we stay across the news in the leisure industry both for caravans and holiday parks, and bring you this update to assist your holiday and travel planning.
Weather and Bush Fires
Most importantly and primarily, you need to be constantly across the weather and forecasts during the Australian summer. Bush fire season has already started and as we saw in 2019/20 fires can start and spread quickly. When travelling in a caravan, stay tuned to local radio for updates and ensure you have a fire plan.
Tips for Selecting a Caravan Park
Here’s a few tips to assist in selecting a place to stop and stay that truly suits your style and objectives:-
- Family and Kid-friendly: if you’re holidaying as a family, then selecting a park that is set-up to welcome children is a priority. Many provide play areas, swimming pools, waterslides and other attractions on site.
- If you’re travelling without children and prefer a non-child experience, select a park which does not focus specifically on family activities.
- Alternatively, check out the free camping sites directories for places to stay. These directories are more for sites and places that allow caravan and camping but have limited facilities. In most cases, these locations are better suited to caravans which are self-contained with large water tanks, solar power and toilets.
- Pet-friendly. If you’re travelling with your beloved pets, ensure the park will allow them. Check the fine print in regard to how your pet must be handled while on the premises.
- Site Size – if you have a large vehicle, ensure the park has a site large enough for you.
- The Caravan Industry Association has an accreditation system for parks which indicates they have met a certain criteria for quality.
New Brand and New Campaign for G’Day Parks
Top Parks has a new brand name and is now known as G’Day Parks. G’Day Parks is described as the largest independent community of caravan and holiday parks with over 280 parks across Australia. The company has a great new website www.Gdayparks.com.au which covers news and provides an easy to use resource to find one of their parks anywhere in Australia.
The website includes details of each park including pricing, which is very handy to have clearly published. The CEO is reported as saying he hopes the G’Day brand will become an iconic Australian brand. G’Day Parks is working with the Tourism Australia ‘Holiday Here this Year’ campaign with their own ‘Say G’Day to More of Australia’ drive.
Big Ideas at Big 4
Big4 Holiday Parks are well known and highly regarded and they also have a website which details their parks and facilities across Australia. Big4 also note that they have many parks which are equipped with bathroom facilities for those with limited mobility.
If you’re wondering what to cook while in a caravan, head to www.big4.com.au for some recipe ideas.
Setting Your Sites
Another great resource we share is www.campsaustraliawide.com This friendly website has locations for free camping sites across Australia, caravan parks and great feedback and articles on locations. They share first-hand experience of their visits which come across as very honest and straightforward. Not just advertising hype! Worth checking out their bucket list to do suggestions if you’re looking for travel inspirations.
Preparing to Tour
Of course the essential requirement for caravan holiday and touring is – a caravan! With interest rates at record low levels and interest in caravanning at all-time highs, now could be the right time to turn your casual interest into a vested interest with a purchase.
New caravans tend to be manufactured to order, so you’ll want to get your order in promptly to ensure delivery in line with your travel plans. To assist with your purchasing, Jade Caravan Finance provides pre-approved loans. This type of loan is almost an essential when customising your new caravan to suit your style.
Manufacturers will offer a range of choices in the type of van plus the floorplan and many other options with add-on packs, fixtures and fittings. With a Jade pre-approved loan, you will have your budget set, know your limits and hopefully that will contain your enthusiasm when it comes to ordering a caravan with the works!
Pre-Approved Jade Caravan Loans include:-
- Secured Caravan Loan arranged based on a set purchase price.
- No deposit finance options.
- Cheap interest rates caravan loans, fixed for the loan term.
- Fixed loan term and fixed repayments.
- Quick quotes, fast approvals, prompt settlement.
Our loans are sourced from across our vast lender panel to ensure we have achieved you the cheapest rates and cheapest loan deal that best meets your individual requirements.
To get prepared to enjoy a great caravan experience this summer, contact Jade to organise your finance as the first step.
For a caravan finance quote contact Jade Caravan Finance 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES AND NOT AS AN EXCLUSIVE OR SOLE SOURCE FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SOURCE INDEPENDENT ADVICE FROM A FINANCIAL ADVISOR IF THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC DIRECTION IN RELATION TO THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES. CONTENT MATERIAL, DATA, SPECIFICS, PRODUCT FEATURES AND OTHER INFORMATION ARE SOURCED FROM A RANGE OF SOURCES AND NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS OR MISINTERPRETATIONS OF SUCH DATA.