If you were on a plane or about to board a flight to Adelaide in mid-November when South Australia quite suddenly imposed a state-wide lockdown your holiday plans were probably dashed. Reunions with family, catch-ups with friends or much-awaited vacations all having to be re-organised or cancelled.
But if you were travelling towards a South Australian holiday with your caravan in tow and heard the news, you could have simply detoured to the nearest caravan park and waited out the 6 days while discovering possibly a new destination.
The flexibility of caravan touring has been significantly highlighted during the coronavirus pandemic making RV travel almost ‘borderless’. If state borders are closed due to an outbreak, caravan tourers can be completely flexible and quickly adapt their plans. Not something that is quite so easy to do with air travel.
Flexibility and freedom appear to be key reasons for the uptick in interest in buying a caravan. With a caravan you bring your own accommodation with you. You can visit family and friends just about anywhere in Australia without imposing and overstaying your welcome.
As a leading lifestyle lender, Jade Caravan Finance provides the lowest caravan financing to make buying your caravan as enjoyable an experience as travelling ahead. If flexibility and freedom are some of the reasons that you’ve taken an interest in buying a caravan, we’ll share our tips, hints and guide to buying a caravan and enjoying ‘borderless’ travel.
Tips for Buying a Caravan
We’ve covered many aspects of buying a caravan in our articles and we invite you to review these for more details. Here’s a quick guide:-
- Consider how and where you will be travelling in selecting the type of recreational vehicle that suits your plans.
- Caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes and RVs all tend to be included in the general ‘caravan market’ and ‘caravan loans’ sectors.
- Apart from the obvious differences in size and accommodation, the vehicles are built for on road, semi-off road and fully off road travel. Off-road caravans have stronger chassis and suspension to handle rough tracks.
- Australia has many great caravan manufacturers so you have a lot to select from. The Caravan Industry Association has an accreditation system for manufacturers which you can check to find a manufacturer that suits you.
- Manufacturers usually have their own website with varying quantities of detail in regard to floorplans and inclusions. Some sell through dealers, others direct.
- While some dealers will have models in stock for immediate delivery, caravans tend to be built to order so you will have to allow manufacturing time.
- You will need to register your caravan so check your state roads authority for details.
- Ensure your car is suitable for towing a caravan. There are small, lightweight models available that can be towed by small-medium cars.
Jade has provided a number of resources and tools to assist caravan buyers in the pre-purchase decision making phase.
- Articles showcasing numerous manufacturers in our library.
- Caravan Loan Calculator: you can easily calculate quick estimated repayments on any vehicle you are considering. This is a very useful tool when comparing different models and different manufacturers and if you really need certain extras.
- Finance planner – use our calculator as a planner. By varying the loan term, you will see how that varies the repayments. This resource can assist in deciding if you will choose to pay a deposit or request a no deposit caravan loan and borrow 100% of the purchase price.
- Most buyers will require finance for their caravan purchase and Jade is a specialist in the leisure sector. We provide caravan loans across the full range at our better interest rate policy.
- Many manufacturers now offer finance deals for buyers. These will usually be through a third party finance company. Sometimes this type of finance can include commissions back to the company which may result in a higher priced loan. Check the detail and we recommend to always get a quote from Jade to compare.
- Some banks and finance companies may offer caravan finance but usually it will be a more general personal loan. This type of loan has set guidelines and requirements which do not always include the flexibility that Jade finance deals include.
To show how competitive and better Jade can be in the caravan finance market, we’ve provided a loan comparison tool on several pages in our website. This allows you to instantly compare caravan loans across leading lenders including Jade Caravan Finance.
Flexible Jade Finance
Jade provides flexibility in our caravan loans as each application is treated individually with personalised attention from your own Jade consultant. We source the best offer from across a large range of lenders to come up with the cheapest deal which meets YOUR requirements.
Our services include:-
- No-obligation enquiries to discuss your options.
- A quick quote facility available by phone or email.
- Personalised attention with your own Jade consultant to handle your loan.
- Nationwide service to handle your finance regardless of where you are and where the caravan you are purchasing is located.
- Pre-approved finance so you can be totally organised before ordering your van.
- No deposit secured caravan finance is available. In many cases, the lender will not request an additional deposit be paid.
- Fast approvals and prompt settlement so you can get your order confirmed and your build happening.
Enjoying the flexibility of ‘borderless’ travel can start with a call to Jade Caravan Finance to see what great finance deal we can source for your caravan purchase.
For loan quotes on caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes and RVs, speak with a Jade Caravan Finance consultant at 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES AND NOT AS AN EXCLUSIVE OR SOLE SOURCE FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SOURCE INDEPENDENT ADVICE FROM A FINANCIAL ADVISOR IF THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC DIRECTION IN RELATION TO THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES. CONTENT MATERIAL, DATA, SPECIFICS, PRODUCT FEATURES AND OTHER INFORMATION ARE SOURCED FROM A RANGE OF SOURCES AND NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS OR MISINTERPRETATIONS OF SUCH DATA.