February is the time for the annual calendar of caravan, camping and outdoor shows to get underway. The calendar is packed with both large and smaller shows in the major capital cities and through many regional areas so there should be at least one close to you. We've posted a blog of dates for many shows so check our library for the article and note the dates. Through 2020 many shows of this type had to be cancelled due to coronavirus so both exhibitors and visitors will be keenly looking forward to the 2021 events.
If you’re planning to visit an outdoor show and possibly purchase a new caravan at the event, then it’s wise to go prepared. As major lenders in the recreational vehicle and leisure sector, we share some of the tips and hints we have accrued over our many years in the industry to assist you get the most from your show visit.
Know the Show
Big4, the Caravan Industry Associations and other caravan industry stakeholders publish details of upcoming shows and the information is readily accessible to preview. Many shows will have a dedicated website with show details ready for reference well ahead of the date.
- Check the details to ensure that if you are keen to see a certain caravan, that manufacturer will be exhibiting that model.
- Due to COVID restrictions, all exhibitions and shows in 2021 will need to operate to COVID-safe regulations. In most cases that will mean booking tickets even if entry is free. Tickets will need to be booked online. Numbers are likely to be limited, depending on what state capacity restrictions apply at the time. So it’s advisable to get in and book early.
- Keep an ear and eye on changing COVID restrictions in the show area in the lead-up to ensure you are across any changes that may need to be implemented.
- Be prepared by taking a mask and hand sanitiser.
Plan Your Purchase
- Many exhibitors offer show specials at events but if you don’t have your finances ready, you may miss out on any discounts which are offered.
- Most caravan manufacturers and many dealers do offer finance to buyers and you may have a strong tendency to grab that deal as it may appear an easy option. But not necessarily the cheapest option.
- Before attending, check the pricing of the vehicles you are interested well ahead of the show and use our online loan tools.
- Refer to our Compare Lenders chart to see what interest rates are currently being offered by a selection of banks and finance companies.
- Use our caravan finance calculator to easily convert the advertised price to a more relatable monthly loan repayment estimate.
- Knowing ahead of time what a purchase price represents in loan repayments can be powerful information.
- If you are extremely keen to buy talk to us prior for a secured rv loan. With this process your loan is established based on a projected purchase price and we proceed through to the approved stage. You know you have been approved for a certain dollar value so you can confidently proceed with placing an order for a new caravan.
- There is no obligation when applying for a pre-approved loan. If you decide not to proceed with a purchase, no problem. But at least you have that in your purchase tool kit if you do decide to buy at the show.
Decades ago, a well-known credit card company used to remind customers not to leave home without their card. Now that same advice applies to our Jade loan resources. Don’t head to a caravan show without our rv loan calculator to show the best rv loan interest rates. We make our resources available to use free of charge on our website. So you can access the calculators from any device where you have internet connectivity.
Most shows have wireless connections available so you should have accessibility. Have our calculator ready in your bookmarks for quick reference. As you browse the caravan models and speak with the sales teams, just discretely refer to our calculator for a quick estimate on repayments.
If you are offered finance from a manufacturer or dealer, get the details of their comparison rate and refer to our lender comparison table. You should be able to see if our Jade comparison rate is cheaper. Or just give us a call and discuss quick quotes with one of our consultants.
Many manufacturer finance arrangements are only with the one finance company. You don’t get a choice of lender. Are you 100% certain that is the cheapest deal that you could source? Are the repayments and loan term what you want?
Jade Caravan Finance is accredited with many banks and lenders so we give our customers choice courtesy of the work we do in sourcing the cheapest loan from across our lender panel.
By utilising our loan tools, speaking with us about possibly sourcing a pre-approved caravan loan and staying informed, we hope you will have a much more enjoyable and successful visit to a caravan show.
To discuss finance on a caravan speak with one of our Jade Caravan Finance consultants on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR MISINTERPRETATION, MISREPRESENTATIONS OR ERRORS IN THE INFORMATION AND PRODUCT DETAILS INCLUDED IN THIS ARTICLE AS SOURCED THROUGH OTHER ORGANISATIONS AND MANUFACTURERS. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS NOT PRESENTED FOR OR INTENDED AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION IN REGARD TO A FINANCIAL DECISION. IT IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. IF A READER CONSIDERS THEY MAY REQUIRE ADVICE RE THEIR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, IT IS ADVISED THAT THEY CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR.