When it's time to order or more precisely 'build' your caravan, buyers can be presented with quite an extensive selection of choices. Most caravan buyers will be ordering from manufacturers that build each caravan to order. Initial choices are on road, semi off road or full off road capabilities. Where you are intending to travel will largely determine this decision and in turn determine which model from a range will be your preference.
Manufacturers typically offer buyers different floorplans, which is standard procedure. L-shaped dinette, café style or club lounge are some of the standard choices. Next level and some will be offered a choice of interior décor and finishes. This may mean upgrading to a higher quality, having a choice of the colour palette, flooring and upholstery materials.
Beyond these choices, buyers are usually presented with a selection of optional extras. View any caravan brochure where the full specifications are listed and more often than not there will be a list of standard inclusions and a list of optional extras.
On top of that, there is the wish list. Those items that you choose to accessorise or customise to enhance your caravan lifestyle. When it comes to paying for all this, many buyers will no doubt be wondering if all this can be included in their caravan loan. We provide a guide on what may or may not be included when you arrange your loan through Jade.
Loan Inclusions and Exclusions
When you arrange your caravan loan through Jade Caravan Finance, you are assigned your own consultant so it is a very easy process to simply ask the question when it comes to including extras in your caravan loan. While some items will need to be addressed individually but we can provide general guidelines for a range of options and accessories.
One of the key determinants of whether or not an extra can be included in your caravan loan will depend on the time of purchase and the supplier. If you are including options to be supplied by the caravan manufacturer and those costs are included in the original invoice which will be issued to your lender, then in most cases, they would be included in your loan. But if you’re talking accessories that you purchase after sale and after your loan has been finalised, it would not be possible to add them to the loan later.
Possible Options and Accessories
Let’s list a few popular accessories and give you a guide to inclusion/exclusion from your loan:-
- Extra solar panels: if heading off-grid you may want additional power capability than that offered in the manufacturer’s standard features. Ordered and installed at time of purchase by the manufacturer and they should be included in the loan.
- Grey water tank is usually included as standard on today’s vans but if an option, select it when ordering so it is included in your loan.
- Extra batteries: you may find you need additional batteries after purchase. In this instance they would not be added to a loan after settlement.
- Cooking facilities vary depending on caravan or camper trailer model. Some manufacturers provide both internal cookers plus an external pull-out cooker or BBQ. For others, the external is an optional extra. If you think you’d like to be cooking in the great outdoors, make the decision when ordering so the cost is in your loan.
- Bike racks: inclusion in your loan will depend on when they are purchased/installed and whether by the caravan seller or another party. Ask your Jade consultant to clarify.
- Outdoor furniture that folds-up and is not attached to the caravan would not generally be included in a loan.
- Chocks and ramps may be desired to provide an additional level of safety and security when parked on uneven ground. These are usually purchased after sale and not included in the loan.
- Awnings are usually provided by the manufacturer as a standard fitting or as an optional extra. Awnings and other shading fixtures which are installed at time of purchase should be included in a loan.
- Gas level indicators, alarms and detectors are important devices to have in your caravan. Many safety devices will be included as standard on many models. Remember to discuss this with the manufacturer and request any additional safety devices that you may want and have them installed during the build so they are included in the caravan loan.
- A sound system, TV and other tech devices are important for your on the road entertainment. Manufacturers listen to their customers and many include the latest tech as standard, especially on luxury models. If the devices and systems are part of the caravan build then they would be included in the loan. If you opt to upgrade and replace the standard items after sale, then the cost would not be included in the loan.
- Insurance is compulsory for caravans under finance. It is a lender requirement. Whether or not the first year premium may be included in your loan is a conversation you will need to have you’re your Jade consultant. In some cases it is possible and in other instances it is not.
- Registration: you will need to register your new caravan in accordance with your state regulations. If this is done for you by the manufacturer and the cost included on the purchase invoice, similar to when you purchase a new car, then it may be able to include it in your loan. If you finalise this separately after purchase then you will need to cover the cost separately.
One of the great advantages of having Jade Caravan Finance arrange your loan is the personalised nature of our service and having your Jade consultant available to assist you with these types of questions and queries, quickly and easily. We handle every loan individually, negotiating terms and conditions with lenders to achieve the caravan loan that best meets your requirements.
To answer your questions around including caravan accessories in your finance package, speak with one of our Jade Caravan Finance consultants on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED PURELY AS A GENERAL INFORMATIVE ARTICLE AND IS NOT INTENDED AS A SINGLE SOURCE FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE ADVICE IN REGARD TO THEIR FINANCIAL SITUATION ARE ADVISED TO REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS OR MISINTERPRETATIONS IN THE DATA, FIGURES, DETAILS AND OTHER INFORMATION AS SOURCED FROM OTHER SOURCES.