Innovative and inventive manufacturers have expanded and adapted the traditional caravan design and the market now includes quite an extensive range of vehicles. These include the conventional caravan, camper trailers, slide-ons, pop-tops, pop-outs, mobile homes and 5th wheelers. At Jade Caravan Finance we provide finance for all these types of recreational vehicles, subject to lender guidelines.
A Fifth Wheeler derives its name from the turntable or hitch mechanism which is used to attach the ‘caravan’ to the tow vehicle. The caravan attaches via a hitch or tray of the towing vehicle which resembles a wheel and therefore provides a 5th wheel to the caravan unit. By attaching to the vehicle in this manner the overall towing length is reduced without significantly compromising on internal space.
Fifth Wheelers have generally been considered as extremely large and sometimes categorised as ‘big rigs’ which may require a special tow vehicle and may require a special driver licence classification. The larger sizes may also limit your access to some campsites and parks. However, several suppliers currently offer 5th wheelers in a range of smaller sizes which are designed for a couple and more easily towed.
Traditionally considered a very large vehicle and a luxurious ‘home away from home’ with some including the type of furniture you would see in a residential home rather than the usual built-in caravan style fixtures and fittings.
Many fifth wheelers are custom-built to order so buyers can include what they want to suit their travel plans. If you are considering purchasing a fifth wheeler and wondering how the price quoted may translate into loan repayments, please refer to our online caravan loan calculator to generate a repayment estimate.
Jade Fifth Wheeler Loans
Fifth Wheelers are considered by Jade Caravan Finance as another style of vehicle in the general caravan category and we provide loan offers for this type of vehicle in the same way we do for conventional caravans, mobile homes and camper trailers.
The most popular loan for the purchase of a 5th wheeler is the Secured Caravan Loan. This loan has a straightforward format and with Jade’s cheap interest rates and personalised service can be customised to suit your requirements.
Secured 5th Wheeler Caravan Loan Features
- Your Jade consultant will source you a loan quote from our large number of banks and lenders and based on your loan briefing.
- Your consultant will negotiate the best interest rates, repayment amount and the best loan terms and conditions that suit your application and requirements.
- With a secured loan, the lender uses the fifth wheeler as security against the loan.
- Your Jade loan will include our signature cheap interest rates which will be fixed for the term of the loan. No need to worry about rate changes while you’re enjoying your travels.
- This type of loan has a fixed loan term and fixed monthly repayments. So once you have approved the offer made by your Jade consultant, your fifth wheeler loan will be all locked in for term of the loan.
- The secured loan format allows for additional payments to be made, if you choose. Making additional payments would result in the loan being paid out early. Early payout usually attracts only minimal break fees.
- Secured fifth wheeler loans can be arranged prior to you finalising the order with the manufacturer. This is known as a pre-approved loan and may be helpful to some buyers by knowing your affordability limits and provide the confidence to confirm your purchase.
- Secured fifth wheeler loans are available for both new and used vehicles, subject to individual lender guidelines. Some lenders may have conditions in regard to the age of some vehicles.
Local 5th Wheeler Manufacturers and Suppliers
There are a number of suppliers and manufacturers of fifth wheelers in Australia, including:-
- Aussie Road Runners in Brisbane Queensland
- Winjana RV in Toowoomba Queensland
- Travelhome in Caves Beach, near Newcastle in NSW
- Fifth Wheelers Australia in Warrenheip Victoria
- Sunliner RV
The range offered by the different manufacturers varies from smaller more compact to the largest, most luxurious models.
Fifth wheelers are extremely popular in America and with caravanning in general in Australia experiencing increased take-up, so has the popularity of this type of vehicle. One of the key pre-purchase decisions is to assess if your vehicle is suitable to tow a fifth wheeler.
Securing a Fifth Wheeler Loan
To arrange your loan, start with a conversation with one of our Jade Caravan Finance consultants. As finance brokers, our complete focus is on your best interests and securing you the best loan offer that fits your requirements. We’ll handle the quote, application processing and assist with finalising the paperwork to save you time and a lot of the hassle which is sometimes associated with sourcing finance.
To discuss a Secured Fifth Wheeler Loan, speak with a Jade Caravan Finance consultant at 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED REGARDING HOW THE INFORMATION ON MANUFACTURER GOODS AND SERVICES AND ANY GOVERNMENT POLICIES, GUIDELINES AND OTHER INFORMATION IS PRESENTED. SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES OF GOODS AND DETAILS OF OTHER ISSUES HAVE BEEN SOURCED FROM PREDOMINANTLY ONLINE PUBLISHED SOURCES. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS IN FACTS AND FIGURES OR INTERPRETATIONS. IN REGARD TO FINANCIAL DECISIONS, THE INFORMATION IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL PURPOSES. IT IS NOT INTENDED AND NOT TO BE TAKEN AS FINANCIAL ADVICE. INDIVIDUALS ARE DIRECTED TO REFER TO THEIR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR SHOULD THEY CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SPECIFIC TO THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES.