The coronavirus pandemic is continuing to have a major impact on the lives and livelihoods of many Australians. With many Australians forced into lockdowns and others ordered into self-isolation, we appreciate that many people will be concerned about moving ahead with your caravan purchase and finance plans.
We are pleased to reassure you that Jade Caravan Finance can assist you with your caravan, RV, camper trailer and mobile home finance even while you may be in lockdown or in self-isolation.
We’ve prepared some key points to assist those that may be in this position.
- Jade Caravan Finance operates on a contactless basis with all arrangements carried out via phone or email. So if you are in lockdown or isolation at home, and are well enough you can still contact us to arrange a caravan loan.
- Our Caravan Finance Calculator is an online tool and will always be available to use when you have internet connection.
- Jade Caravan Finance operates nationwide so no matter where you are located or required to isolate, your Jade consultant can assist with your caravan loan requirements.
- If you are in the middle of a loan application with Jade and you have to isolate, there is no problem from our end. The process will continue as normal with our usual high standard of personalised service. We will continue negotiating cheap interest rates for caravan finance and the best terms with our lenders to source you the best quote and will continue to contact you via phone or email to finalise your loan.
- Your Jade consultant can liaise with the caravan dealer on your behalf, if you so choose, to streamline the process.
- For people wanting to order a new caravan and are unable to visit the manufacturer to discuss your order due to health orders around travel restriction or due to isolation, there are possible solutions. Many caravan manufacturers are offering online purchasing services via their websites. Many websites have detailed floorplans and specification details so you can ‘build’ and order your caravan remotely.
- If ordering a new caravan via an online service, it is always advisable to check the credentials of the manufacturer or dealer prior to purchase. The Caravan Industry Association has a list of accredited manufacturers on its website which may assist you.
- Buying a second caravan from a private seller may present greater challenges. Buying used goods online directly without viewing may come with increased risk. Being able to check the condition of the caravan prior to purchase and verify the seller’s identity and other factors is very important. When buying a used caravan from a dealer, purchasers are usually covered by the consumer laws in each state. These same laws do not always cover private sales. So buying from a known dealer would appear the better advice.
- If you are currently travelling through Australia in your caravan, we strongly advise you to stay in touch with news services for outbreaks and updated restrictions in the areas you are travelling into and amend your plans accordingly.
- If you already have a caravan loan and a new stage of lockdowns results in a change in your employment and income status, we advise you to contact your lender and discuss the possibility of deferring repayments if required. In the initial stages of the pandemic the banks were offering widespread loan deferments but many of those initial periods have now expired. We have been advised by some of our lenders that they are contacting customers and discussing the options of extending if required. But you will need to contact your lender.
Getting a Caravan Loan in Lockdown
If you have plans to get on the road in your new caravan these coming holidays it is advisable to keep those plans moving because new caravan builds may be delayed in some areas due to the shutdown of some manufacturing sectors.
If you are in lockdown, it is not a problem to contact Jade Caravan Finance and arrange your loan.
- Use our online calculator to get monthly repayment estimates on various caravans after getting a purchase price from the manufacturer by phone or via their website.
- Contact Jade Caravan Finance for a quick quote on the caravan you have in mind. The calculator only provides a rough estimate. You will need to contact us and go through initial stages of the loan application process in order for our consultants to provide you with a firm quote.
- Once you accept our quote, your Jade consultant can either organise you a pre-approved caravan loan or await you finalising your caravan purchase to proceed to finalising your loan application.
- Your Jade consultant will assist with the paperwork and liaise with the dealer to streamline the settlement process.
There should be no need for you to leave your home in order to arrange a Jade Caravan Loan. Just give us a call and we will handle it for you. Our team have continued to provide our complete finance broker service throughout the COVID-19 crisis and our panel of banks and lenders are also operating as close to business as usual as is possible under the circumstances.
We want our Jade Caravan Finance customers to be in a position to make their caravan plans a reality and we’re here to assist you with cheap caravan finance.
If you’re in lockdown and you want to arrange a caravan loan, speak with a Jade Caravan Finance consultant 1300 000 003 about the options and the process.
DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THESE ARTICLES IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVICE IN REGARD TO THEIR OWN FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES. DETAILS ON GOVERNMENT MEASURES, POLICIES AND GUIDELINES AND VEHICLE DETAILS AND SPECS HAVE BEEN SOURCED FROM PUBLICLY AVAILABLE WEBSITES AND SOURCES. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS IN THE INTERPRETATION OR PRESENTATION OF ANY FACTS AND DETAILS FROM THIRD PARTIES. WE ADVISE INDIVIDUALS TO CHECK DETAILS DIRECTLY AT THE THIRD-PARTY SOURCE IF REQUIRED.