As we approach the end of the year, it’s a good time to catch up on some of the news around the caravan scene. For new caravan owners planning to head off on a holiday adventure, we provide some timely alerts and reminders. For those planning to upgrade or buy their first caravan in the new year, we provide dates on some of the early 2023 caravan shows and the latest on caravan finance.
A caravan or RV is a considered purchase for many buyers and being well-informed as to all the aspects involved in the journey to caravan ownership, especially the finance, can be extremely important.
It’s going to be busy out there for caravan, car and other holidaymakers. This holiday and summer season is set to be massive across Australia. The first year since 2019 when there are no border restrictions in place so travellers can venture pretty much wherever they want. But with the recent surge in popularity for RVs, there will be many relatively new caravan owners embarking on their first holiday.
Here are a few reminders to make for a safer and more enjoyable caravan holiday:-
- Book holiday parks well ahead. Big 4 and NRMA Holiday Parks are some of the popular names and can get booked out well in advance.
- If planning to stay at free camping sites, possibly have a Plan B in case they too are full on your arrival.
- If visiting areas of Victoria, SA, NSW and QLD be aware of flood affected areas and roads. While the waters have receded in most places, there is significant damage to roads that may take months to repair. Downstream areas still face possible flood impacts.
- Refer to your checklist and/or information from caravan industry bodies to prepare your van for travel.
- Safety is paramount for the caravan and the towing vehicle. Refresh your knowledge by referring to the resources available at RV Safe.
2023 Caravan Shows
Caravan, camping and outdoor shows and expos are top attractions for both prospective buyers and for existing caravan owners to upgrade or just to check out the latest products and innovations. The 2023 calendar of shows gets underway early and it’s never too soon to start planning a show visit and caravan purchase.
Here are a few diary dates for 2023:-
- Newcastle Caravan Camping and Lifestyle Expo will be held from 3 through to 5 February at the Newcastle Showground and Entertainment Centre.
- For Victorians, note the 22nd to 26th February in your diary. This is the timing for the Victorian Caravan, Camping and Touring Supershow which will be held at the Melbourne Showgrounds.
- In Queensland, the Let’s Go Expo on the Gold Coast is scheduled for 10-12 March at Metricon Stadium
- The biggest caravan show of the year is the NSW Supershow which is held each year at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney. The dates for 2023 are the 18th through to 23rd
Shows are great opportunities to see many of the latest models on display, making it a lot easier to make comparisons across makes and models. For buyers who are serious about placing their caravan order while attending a particular show, we provide pre-approved caravan finance.
Finance can be arranged with a Secured Caravan Loan in advance of a purchase with the loan amount estimated for the purpose of having the loan approved. This type of loan will be at the same interest rate as would apply if the loan was sourced following the commitment to buy.
Pre-approved loans do have a specific timeframe during the loan must be finalised or the offer and quote will expire. Speak with us about the timeframe in regard to your buying timeframe so you are prepared for the show you plan to attend.
Caravan Finance Update
2022 has been a milestone year in the lending sector and not one that was expected at this time last year. With inflation surging, the Reserve Bank has announced eight consecutive increases to the cash rate over eight months and has indicated further rises will be required. These decisions have been reflected in increases in interest rates across the lending sector.
Banks and lenders do set interest rates on caravan finance based on their own internal guidelines and that creates a market of variations. Despite the rate rises by the RBA, we continue to adhere to our policy of better caravan interest rates and that means cheaper caravan finance for our customers.
All caravan buyers are welcome to utilise our services. Broker style lenders are not only for business owners or largescale finance requirements. We are extremely active in the consumer finance sector as a Licensed Credit Provider adhering to ASIC’s Responsible Lending Guidelines.
As we go into 2023, the next meeting of the RBA Board to make an interest rate decision is slated for the first Tuesday in February. Buyers planning to purchase a new RV in early 2023 with caravan finance, may benefit from moving as quickly as possible before next RBA rate decision.
We will be keeping across the economic indicators – inflation, unemployment and growth, as figures are released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics and bring heads-up alerts and updates as available.
Contact Jade Caravan Finance for cheaper caravan finance on a new RV for 2023
DISCLAIMER: THE DETAILS AND INFORMATION IN THIS CONTENT ARE PREPARED AND PRESENTED PURELY FOR INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR CARAVAN PURCHASING. IF ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL ADVICE IS REQUIRED, READERS SHOULD REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTION VARIATIONS, OR OTHER MISREPRESENTATIONS OF INFORMATION AS PRESENTED.