Following the major NSW Caravan Supershow, the caravan show schedule shifts south for a number of big caravan and outdoor expos in Victoria. But potential buyers will need to be well-prepared if they are considering placing an order for a new caravan at an upcoming show.
Demand for caravans has been soaring over the past year as many holidaymakers look to caravanning as an attractive alternative to travelling interstate or overseas. With issues around the vaccine rollout potentially extending the international travel ban, the high level of demand could be sustained for some time. This increase in demand has resulted in delivery delays for some manufacturers so buyers will be wanting to get their orders confirmed asap to secure the model they want.
Demand may also have been driven by the current low interest rates on caravan finance. While Jade Caravan Finance is committed to achieving cheaper rates on a 24/7/365 basis, overall lending rates are at historic lows. The RBA kept the official interest rate on hold at 0.1% at its April board meeting and indicated it may not increase rates until 2024. Low interest rate caravan loans are sure to further motivate buyers to join the caravan set.
We share our tips and hints on what you can do to be ready to place that order at the Victorian caravan shows and preview what is being displayed.
Victorian Caravan Shows
The upcoming shows in Victoria include:-
- 30 April to 2 May: Albury-Wodonga Caravan Camping 4WD Fish and Boat Show
- 30 April to 2 May: Ballarat, Great Outdoor and 4×4 Expo
- 13 May to 16 May: Sandown, Victorian Caravan, Camping and Touring Supershow
- 21 May to 23 May: Geelong Outdoor Living Show
The Supershow is one of the major drawcards on the caravan industry calendar for Victorian enthusiasts. Due to COVID issues the entertainment offering at the 2021 event has been simplified but the exhibitor listing is impressive as always.
While subject to change, the list of manufacturers is extensive and includes Blue Sky Caravans, Crusader Caravans, Frontline Campervans, Winnebago Motorhomes, Trakka, Masterpiece Caravans, Emu Camper Trailers, Avida, Atlantic and many others. Over 60 leading businesses are currently listed as displaying models at the show.
In addition to the manufacturers, exhibitors also include an impressive line-up of accessories suppliers. Offering a great opportunity for existing caravan owners to check out the latest and greatest to upgrade their van.
Preparing for the Show
Due to coronavirus regulations, all events of this nature need to be run according to COVID-safe conditions. This means the process is slightly different from previous years and each show may have its own specific requirements. More info.
- Booking tickets online pre-show is a general requirement for all shows this year. Capacity may also be limited due to COVID restrictions so securing your tickets ahead of time would be highly advisable.
- Make a plan as to what you are going to see. Many shows, including the Supershow, offer an exhibitor map. Check out the exhibitor map and plan your way around the show so as not to miss all the companies you intend to visit.
- If you are particularly interested in one or several makes and models, pre-arranged inspections may be possible. Contact exhibitors prior to seeing if you can make a specific appointment time to avoid waiting in line or missing out.
- Stay in touch with the show website in case of any last-minute changes to the programme or arrangements due to COVID impacts. Especially check if masks are required or any contact tracing apps need to be downloaded onto your phone prior to attending.
Pre-arrange Your Finance
Expos are renowned for offering great show specials and buyers need to be ready to purchase to take advantage of these offers. With caravans in high demand, being able to place your order for the make and model you want at the show may expedite the taking delivery of your van.
In order to be fully prepared, we highly recommend show attendees take advantage of our Jade Pre-approved Caravan Finance service. This allows you to have your caravan loan quoted, secured with your application approved, prior to actually place an order.
The process is the same as a post-purchase loan, but your Jade consultant arranges the finance based on an estimate of what you intend to pay. Our same cheap interest rates apply to pre-approved loan, no deposit finance is available and all the same terms and conditions of our Secured Caravan Loan apply.
There is no obligation with this finance service so if you don’t have the ideal opportunity to order at the show, there is no issue. The pre-approved finance simply expires.
Even if you don’t want to go as far as pre-arranging your finance, we do recommend you have our Caravan Finance Repayment Calculator locked and loaded and ready to use on your smart phone. This will allow you to quickly and easily calculate loan repayment estimates as you browse the show displays. If you see something you really like, including our low estimate, just click the REQUEST A QUOTE button and we’ll get things started.
It’s great to have a vibrant caravan show calendar back and running in 2021 and our team is ready to assist buyers make the most of the purchase opportunities on offer.
Call 1300 000 003 to discuss a pre-show lending with our consultants
DISCLAIMER: THE DETAILS AND INFORMATION IN THIS CONTENT ARE PREPARED AND PRESENTED PURELY FOR INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR CARAVAN PURCHASING. IF ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL ADVICE IS REQUIRED, READERS SHOULD REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTION VARIATIONS, OR OTHER MISREPRESENTATIONS OF INFORMATION AS PRESENTED.